TR-4 front suspension rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 front suspension rebuild
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 19:01:45 -0500
Howdy all,

I'm not sure I should bomb the list with some very specific questions about
some parts I recieved from TRF for a front suspension rebuild, but here goes.

I know this is very hard to visualize, perhaps a daring soul or two could
help me out with private e-mail conversations if necessary.

The first thing I notice is that the parts that the manual refers to as
"serrated washer" that goes on the very outer ends of the trunions and holds
all the various busings on, is not serrated on the inner bore like the
pictures show.

Is this important?  It looks like this washer should go over onto the splined
section of the trunion arm (between the threaded outer part and the smooth
inner part)  Does anyone know anything about this?

Also the kit did not include any of those really thin and fragile little
shims for the trunion arms.  Are those unavailable, or just now deemed
unecessary in a suspension rebuild?

All help is greatly appreciated, both in the past and in the future.

If necessary to ask me questions, you can refer to part or illustration
numbers from Moss, Bentley or haynes manuals as well as the official stanpart
spare parts catalogue.  I've got them all.

Scott Tilton
In Richmond Virginia
With TR-4 suspension parts all over the place.