Re: Spit 1500 competition doc/parts

To: pudvin@VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 competition doc/parts
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 15:43:10 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
   I'd like to get one of my 1500s ('77) into road racing.

What class?

   Does anyone know where I could find:
     - specs for a full roll cage configuration that conform to the SCCA GCR

Uh, how about the SCCA GCR?  Join SCCA and buy one now.  Victoria British
sells an "SCCA approved" bar, built by Autopower.  List price is around $300
I think.

  - a resource for competition parts (I've got Moss, TRF, V. British catalogs)

A TriumphTune catalog is a nice thing to have also, from the SOL vendor list on
ftp.team.net:

   TriumphTune
   22-28 Manor Road
   Richmond, Surrey
   England TW9 1YB
   (+44 81) 948 6668 voice
   (+44 81) 940 9268 FAX

There was just mentioned in this forum another book available in England,
which I've not yet seen.

   I'm starting with suspension: bush replacements all around, shorter springs
   in the front,  f/r sway bars (1" & 5/8" respectively), and mini-lites.

Are you sure about a rear sway bar?

mjb.