TR6 - Door seal install - tricks??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Door seal install - tricks??
From: Rich Olson <rolson@faa.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 11:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

I'm trying to install new door seals, the black piece mounted at the top
of the door, outside, that scrapes against the window.  I got the TRF
replacement and clips.  I made a tool (something I saw a few years back)
out of an old screwdriver with it's tip heated and bent into a U shape to
help install the clips.  But when I pull up on each clip, the door seal
ALSO rises up (just a fraction) and the installation is loose.  And, the
clips are able to grab just at the very bottom of the seal; this doesn't
look to secure.  Any hints for a better finished job?
Thanks,
RickO

BTW: ObNiceWeather: Seems that the traffic in this group is much less in
the past few days.  What? is everyone just out riding their LBCs, no one
still working on 'em?

Also: Thanks to all for the advice over the last 2 months.  The whole rear
of the TR6 has been redone, and as someone said last week, "the new car
jiggle is back!!" (I used to deliver new TR6s and MGBs in 1971, then as
as #1 gofer, I got to wash off this nasty shipping goo from each one.  I
still remember it was a blast to drive those new ones.)

Final note:  I had mentioned this to a few, but during the process of
cleaning up the TR, I was removing a lot of fine grey powdery dust
everywhere under the car, and in the carpets.  I found an old 'service
sticker', from the late '70s?, and the service station was in Longview
WA.  This place is 30 miles due west of Mt. St. Helens!!!  No wonder
the windscreen frame (normally black) looked like it had been sand-
blasted almost white!!