Re: Parts needed - '64 Spit

To: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: Re: Parts needed - '64 Spit
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 19:31:38 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Peter Ficklin wrote:

>       5.  Saw '64 Spit a wrecking yard locally, in line to be crushed,
>           and bought it for $300.00 two years ago.

Been there, done that.

>       6.  A very slow project that I've gotten the frame & running gear
>           all done, except for engine, which is next.  So far so good.

Am there, doing that. (sort of)

>   Now that I've brought everybody pretty much up to date, I'll make my
> requests.  I'm looking for a pair of fron bumper over-riders for this
> car.

John Kippings Triumph Spares, Coventry (England) does list these as
available. Call 011 44 1203 6545333 for a free catalogue -- he's a great
supplier and very knowledgeable as well.

> I also have a factory metal hardtop, but I need the rear glass
> seal.  Any suggestions, or contacts that I may follow up on?

Kipping's lists that seal as N/A. You might contact some of the American
rubber suppliers such as Steele or Metro Molded (sorry, I don't have
numbers) and see if they might be able to match something they have to
your sample (if you have one).

> Peter Ficklin
> 64 Spit - various locations in garage, shop & warehouse at work...
>
> P.S.  I especially enjoy reading about Ross Vincenti's '64!

--Andy Mace
64 Spitfire, a.k.a. the Hardly Boys RaceSpit4 (ex-GP, now autocross car)