Re: title for TR3

To: jmike@sky.net
Subject: Re: title for TR3
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 12:21:42 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 6 Jun 1996 jmike@sky.net wrote:

> Hello to all, still enjoying reading all the mail.   Here's the question.
>Does
> anyone out there have an old hulk in the yard of which is titled to fit in
>the
> number scheme of the small mouth TR 3's??   The one I found to restore was a
> TR3a, but a careful look at the body by the experts indicated that it was
>really
>  an older car that had been updated and retitled as an A.  Wanting to be
>correct
> to the body, I had it restored as the older small mouth, i.e. no trunk
>handle,
> etc.   However, the numbers are not correct and I would like to "trade"
>titles
> so that the car can be correctly numbered.

Mike, what Commission and body numbers are we dealing with here, and
what specifically made your "expert" decide the body was "small-mouth"
vintage? Do/did you have: exterior door handles? Girling disk brakes in
front? Fuel reserve tap? Wedge-type side curtains? Are we talking an
older tub replacing the original newer-style tub due to some previous
rot or crash damage? Was there evidence that the Commission number plate
might have been switched, maybe just to get a clear title (much as
you're proposing to do [again])?

Does this really matter to you? It would bother a Concours judge, of
course, but probably few others.

--Andy

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant