TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle

To: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle
From: "Scott W. Paisley" <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 21:46:28 -0600
Ok, I give up.  I have got the weirdest problem.  When I come to a
stop and hit the throttle, the car dies.  If I tap the throttle
a couple of times quickly, it coughs (just a tiny bit) and then it's
fine to accelerate.  This will not happen if I leave the choke just
a bit out.  (So that the idle is a bit fast as it's on the cams.)

I suspect one of two things...  (humm.  I won't say what I think
cause it'll cause *you* to think differently.  And the whole point
of this is to break *my* paradigm :-)

Ideas?  Comments?  Pints for sale? Pints for free?

Thanks,

-Scotty
 '75 TR6 (with the stalling problem)
 '70 TR6 (currently not running, thus no stalling problem)