New GT-6 in the household!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New GT-6 in the household!
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 16:24:44 -0700
Well to day I got a younger brother for the MkII Spitfire, a 1970 MkII GT6
for the princely sum of 500 bucks...It runs, needs ALOT (has anyone ever
bought one allready restored?) of work, but I like it...I'd like to get
some input on some ideas for what I'm going to do with it...I think it
might not be worth doing a full restoration on it, the body needs quite a
bit of tidying, the interior needs to be completely redone, yada yada
yada... Ideas...

1.COnvert it to a GT6 convertible by puttin my Spits body on it...probably
fairly easily done, and would still be registered as a GT6 for the Smog
police.

2.Restore for use as a race/rally car.  This has been a long time dream, to
get into racing, and it would be good to have a car that's not also a daily
driver. Do the full mechanicals, basic interior, don't worry TOO much about
the body...would make a nice change from all the 911's you see racing.

3.Restore it as a GT6. I mean, they're not making em anymore...It could be
a powerful little coupe, and is quite a beautiful car done right.

So anyways, any ideas suggestions, threats of violence readily
appreciated...Right now it's just cool having another LBC sitting in the
garage, I'm starting to feel (just a tad) like some of the people on the
list who have 10, 20 cars to sit and stare at :)    Thanks  Tom

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"