Alternator Convoision Question...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Convoision Question...
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 19:05:35 -0700
       I'm going to go ahead and switch the gen. in my Spit to an
alternator. I pulled it from my GT-6 since that won't be running for
awhile. I printed out the instructions on how to convert from someone's
home page..I think it was Phil Jackson, (please correct me if I'm wrong and
I apologize ahead of time)...Question:

1. The alternator has two large tab connectors, labeled + and -, should the
two new brown wires run from this to the battery side of the solenoid?
2. The three smaller connector are labeled IND, for the top left, top
right's not labeled I assume it's a common connection, and the bottom one
is labeled B+. Does this bottom one get connected to the ignition warning
light?

 I have a Delco Remy alternator that was on the car originally, before I
restored the harness. It has one large connection that says BAT, which I
know goes to the battery(duh), but has two smaller connections labeled R
and F, would one of these connect to the warning light? Is it worth using
this alternator instead for reliablilty?

If all of this is wrong, could someone please describe the connections I
need to make? It will be nice to not have to rely on my voltage regulator
anymore. Thanks again!     Tom

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"