Spitfire Seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Seats
From: TRIA73@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 17:58:55 -0400
Date: Mon 6 JUN 96
From: Randy Dunn <TRIA73@aol.com>
Subject: Spit seats

>The seats on my 1500 are looking very sorry for themselves and the 'trouble
>and strife' finds them lacking in back support.  I've heard tell of people
>putting extra / firmer stuffing in.

The original seats in my '73 Spitfire have a rubber/fiber type webbing that
is strung on the backside of seat frames which provide the support for the
foam.  During my interior restoration several years ago I had to replace
several of these straps which had been chewed through by some friendly field
mice who camped out in the Spit during the winter months years prior.  I
resorted to finding some rubber gasket material available in sheets which I
then had to cut into strips to fit the seat frames.  A reputable uphosltery
shop should be equipped to handle such repairs.

RD
Make everyday a Triumph day!!!