Re: Auto diaper

To: triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto diaper
From: pld.manages@t-online.de (Peter Llewellyn-Davies)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:10:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Second Question.  I saw discussed a German thing called a "car diaper"  Where
> can I get one or at least more info?   Thanks, Fred

If anyone's interested in this, here's something I found out about the
car diaper.

My TR4A was losing oil at about a pint a day, and as I'm a firm believer
of flowing fluid (the truth is - I couldn't find the leak) I looked at
this thing to stop "nasty oil stains" (as in brochure).

All it is  is a plastic bowl, shaped so that it neatly fits under the
engine, and has a sort of gauze inside to take around 7-8 litres (2 galls
I think) of leaked oil. The whole thing is fastened by wire to the body
of the car and costs around 60 D-Marks (approx. $40).

I anyone needs further infos please contact.

I liked the final statement in the advertising brochure which said "avoid
trouble with the owner of your rented garage" - I think oil stains are
the smallest problem if you rent a garage and work on your car.

Peter Llewellyn-Davies, Munich, Germany
Email     : pld.manages@t-online.de
Home page : http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/1028
Tel.      : +49-89-178 092 39        Fax   : +49-89-178 092 40