Spitfire 1500: Voltage Regulator

Subject: Spitfire 1500: Voltage Regulator
From: "M. Schwemmle" <markus@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:50:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

I have a new problem: I found out recently that my battery is being
overloaded constantly, so I figured, I need a new voltage regulator which
came today. Now I have a problem: Instead of 3 wires coming out (red,
yellow, black) like in the old one, there is a fourth one (!) which is
white. I have no idea what to do with it. For a test I just put it in with
the regular three wires and isolated the white one. Effect: No ignition
light (bulb tested and ok) but the engine is starting up and running...

Does anyone have any idea what to do with it?

Markus