Re: Sports exhaust on Calif. TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, ingate@shiseis.com (Shane Ingate)
Subject: Re: Sports exhaust on Calif. TR6
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 96 16:21:07 PST
     As far as I can tell, those folks you see with sports exhausts are
     just sort of gettin' away with it uh huh :-). I guess the CHP doesn't
     take the time to pull them over and they would probably have a hard
     time determining just what was supposed to be on these cars anyway. If
     they pass smog every two years what the heck? The suppliers have to
     print the disclaimers but I have a bunch of buddies in my sports car
     club who have these and haven't been hassled.

     One warning: personally, I find the Monzas a bit too loud for anything
     but short trips. I like the sound of the non-stainless, cheap
     replacement system I got from Moss. I think the later cars with the
     more open header and the dual pipes all the way through, like yours
     and mine, have a bit better exhaust note than the early ones. If you
     haven't already, I would gently advise you to take a ride with someone
     who has an "aftermarket" system before you plunk down $$$ for it.

     Jim
     jims@autodesk.com
     '74 TR6 CF20076U