Rear Drum removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Drum removal
From: tomstory@slip.net (Tomstory)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:13:27 -0700
I had to drill out the two screws holding the drums on my GT6, they just
would not budge, and actually twisted up the bit on my impact driver pretty
good...yet, the drum won't come off. It spins, I know it's not binding on
the shoes, is there a puller I can rent to get em off? Any other
techniques?

I imagine I'm going to need at least one replacement drum, should I get
new, or just get some good used ones and have em resurfaced?

The brake system is the first place I start on a rebuild, I want to make
sure it's done right, so if anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate
it...Tom