GT6+ leaf springs

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6+ leaf springs
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 09:12:31 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 06/14/96 06:15
On 14 Jun 1996, pellemr@nbnet.nb.ca (pellemr)wrote:

>Does the '70 GT6+ leaf spring share the same as the Spitfire?
>-Mitch

According to the original parts lists, yes. The difference was probably
a bit heavier primary leaf due to the added weight over the rear wheels.
(Any experts want to confirm - or tell me I'm full of, er, Castrol?)
However if you order a new GT6 spring from any of the domestic suppliers
you will get the Spitfire spring. Don't know if it really makes any
difference other than it might sag a bit sooner, but it's not that hard to
remove and replace and rearching the Spitfire rear spring only cost me
$40 so I probably wouldn't recommend buying a new one anyway.
UK people, are real GT6 springs available over there?

Rik Schlierer                             Paraphrasing Oscar Wilde:
'64 Hardly Boys RaceSpit (With Andy)
'63 Spit                                 "Science can never grapple with the
'70 Spit                                  irrational. That is why it has no
ex GT6 owner                              future before it in *the British
                                          car* world. "