Re: Sprite bashing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite bashing
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:54:48 -0400 "Re: Sprite bashing" (Jun 14, 10:48am)
Oops, I got caught stretching the truth.

On Jun 14,  7:41am, Roland Dudley wrote:
> Subject: Re: Sprite bashing
> >
> > It is interesting that most sports cars are referred to as MGs when
> > there were more Triumphs exported to the States!
> >
> > Doug Mitchell
>
> Your sure about that?  What about MGBs?
>-- End of excerpt from Roland Dudley

In the interest of setting the record straight, I read this recently
(don't remember where) and I realize that I quoted it wrong, there
were more Triumphs built than MGs in total, not necessarily shipped
to North America.

Remember, there were many Triumph sedans that we never saw stateside,
while there were very few MG sedans in the latter years.

Sorry for the incorrect facts.

Doug Mitchell