Thumbs up: John Kipping; Thumbs down: TRF

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Thumbs up: John Kipping; Thumbs down: TRF
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 16:11:34 -0500
I'm about to start reassembling my Spitfire engine, and I've hit a few
snags.

First, I was a bit - er - *rough* in removing the head studs from the block,
and I wanted to put in new studs anyway. TRF: out of stock for at least
eight weeks; John Kipping: on the way.

Needed new seat foams for my Spit seats. VB: out of stock; John Kipping:
on the way.

Needed a small-journal cam for my engine. TRF: out of stock for a long time;
Oops, I haven't called Kipping yet!

And for all you Spitfire/GT6 owners out there, did you know that Kipping
carries the stainless steel trim strip for the seam under the sill? I
ordered two pairs, one for my GT6 and one for my 68 Spit. I'll be ordering
another pair for my other 70 Spit when I get to it. Try to find those in
the colonies, mate!

I have yet to call John Kipping and be told they are out of stock on
anything. Maybe I've been lucky, but it seems the opposite is true when
I call TRF. Even VB, which usually seems to have stuff, has let me down
a time or two.

I lift my glass to JK, long may he serve us all the way from Coventry!

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.cop
oops.com