Differential removeal from GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential removeal from GT6
From: dano <dano@n-jcenter.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 17:54:07 -0400
Greetings !

        I need some help (in many ways).  My pilgrimage into the local
auto junkyard was today.  I was after the transmission and rear-end off
a 71 Triumph GT6.  The transmission came out fine, just like it was supposed
to.  The research I did into earlier threads on this subject helped me out
immensely.  I did notice however that trans fluid seemed to be leaking
right around the area where those 3 little springs are.

       Now for my problem.  Since I am working without a manual (and a net)
I am a little confused.  The rear-end just doesn't want to come out.  It moves,
but I can't get it.  Here is what I did.

    Disconnected and dropped the prop shaft.  (anyone need it?)
    Removed the 4 bolts on the axles near the diff on both sides
    of the car.  One axle moved away, but the other seems to be stuck to
    the rear end mounts.
    Removed that nearly foot long bolt holding the rear-end in place.
    Removed the six nuts on top of the leaf spring.
    Removed the 2 nuts holding the front of the rear-end in place.

    I am forgetting something?.  I can pry 1 side of the front mount away
    but the other side seems to be kind of stuck.  I used pry bars and got
    the whole unit to move around, but it just won't move away from the back
    mounting area in the u-shaped channels where that long bolt was.

    I am afraid that someone will come along with the proper tool and take it
    away from me, after I did all of the dirty work so I want to go back
tomorrow AM and get it.

    Thanks in advance.....

          (just couldn't resist the 'British Leyland' marked AM radio for 5
bucks.)

               Dano

71 Bond Equipe