TR6 headers question

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 headers question
From: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 06:03:14 -0700
Greetings,

My 74 TR6 has an old (14-15 years old) set of what I think are Monza
headers on them. The way they are bent, there is virtually zero
clearance between the number 1 pipe and the outermost lower front
attachment studs. The same situation exists with number 6 pipe and
lower rear stud. There is barely enough room to get an open end wrench
on the nuts to tighten or remove. In fact, the clearance is so tight,
that if I fit the headers all the way to the head, I can't start the
nut on the stud, because the nut fouls on the pipe. I have to start the
nut with a gap between the flange and the head, and then draw the whole
thing down bit by bit. And with no clearence, it really is bit by bit.
Does anyone have experience with a later version of these or another
brand of headers that are more user friendly? TIA.

Irv
74 TR6
CF22767U