Re: TR6 headers question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 headers question
From: Patrick McMullen <mcmullen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 10:17:34 -0700
Irv,

That does sound like a tight fit.  My headers (Triumphtune) had a pretty
snug fit too.  As far as the securing nut problem, this is what I did.  I
removed the studs from the head that had the clearance problem.  I then
found some internal wrenching bolts at a automotive hardware supply
store.  These were the same grade or better and use an allen wrench to
install.  I cut an allen wrench to the length I needed and used my 3/8
drive ratchet and socket to tighten the bolts down with no trouble at
all.  Use high temp anti-seize on the threads.

Might be the solution to your problem.

Pat in NC