TRIUMPH gt 6+ engine swap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRIUMPH gt 6+ engine swap
From: "Daniel Marko (4858)" <DMARKO@AVC.CALGARY.AB.CA>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:14:44 -0600 (MDT)
Note: Mail transport via Digital Equipment of Canada Ltd. Calgary gateway.
A sad tale. My wife perfect in every way except, she can not drive a
standard, my Triumph and my toyota can both testify to her cruelty
wants to drive my GT6 after I fix it. Is there an easy engine-tranney swap
for a GT6. I have a working engine but the tranmission is dead. I thought
that a drive train replacement would get me a working car and a happy wife.
I want to replace the drive train with an automatic and then hunt around
for a second triumph for myself.

If any of you have been successful at modifing a GT6 into a GT -6 let me know
please. The constant clutch replacement is polishing my clutch replacement
skill but I would rather do other things.

Thank you
Dan Marko
DMARKO@AVC.CALGARY.AB.CA