Re: GT6/Spit pieces parts

To: Larry Griffin <lgriffin@peace.edu>
Subject: Re: GT6/Spit pieces parts
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:01:38 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: Karl Theis 1-2573 <ktheis@den.mmc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Larry Griffin wrote:

> Karl,
>
> I have a 68 Mk3 Spitfire that I purchased in 1969. The original US spec belts
> were by an outfit named Robbins if I remember correctly. The car came with
>just
> seat belts, but had chrome mounting bolts for the shoulder belts on the rear
> wheel well. I purchased the shoulder belts separately from the dealer (took
> forever to get them).

This sounds about like what my 1969 Mk.3 had, except that the
manufacturer was, I believe, American Safety Weave. I, too, bought the
shoulder belts separately from my dealer (didn't take all that long back
then, but....). These shoulder belts clipped into the main seat belt.
Similar styles of shoulder harnesses were found in American cars of the
era.

FWIW....

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *