Re: GT6/Spit pieces parts

To: Karl Theis 1-2573 <ktheis@den.mmc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6/Spit pieces parts
From: Larry Griffin <lgriffin@peace.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 96 09:31:37 PDT
On Mon, 10 Jun 96 12:53:56 PDT Karl Theis wrote:

>> I am in need of a set (or two) of original shoulder seat belts to
>> fit my two
>> Mk1 GT6's.  The one I do have is for the driver's side, Britax
>> brand (are they
>> all?) and sans the later style of inertia reel.  Prospective seat
>> belts should
>> be of the the shoulder variety and be off of a MK1 or 2 GT6, or
>> Spit Mk2 or 3.
....and
>> Any help or leads will be greatly appreciated.

******** End of Your Message ********

Karl,

I have a 68 Mk3 Spitfire that I purchased in 1969. The original US spec belts
were by an outfit named Robbins if I remember correctly. The car came with just
seat belts, but had chrome mounting bolts for the shoulder belts on the rear
wheel well. I purchased the shoulder belts separately from the dealer (took
forever to get them).

I still have these belts and hope to have them re-webbed before putting the car
back on the road. If you need any numbers off the belts or patterns, etc. , I
can dig the belts out from storage.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Griffin                           Raleigh, North Carolina
lgriffin@peace.edu
1968 Spitfire Mk3 project