RE: funny from the Rialto (fwd)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: funny from the Rialto (fwd)
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:17:16 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
> The English lab sent back the data with the comment "This is an
> English laboratory. WE do not use the METRIC system.  Please send
> the data back to us in English measurements."

Funny, but inconcievable.  This implies that laboratories are
more backward than petrol stations, which sell fuel by the litre.

(I work for a laboratory automation system development shop, we
have many English clients, there's never any question of using
anything but Metric.  Trust me, they don't measure fluid
specimens in gills. )