Re: SU Carb problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: lmdpth@lmd.ericsson.se (LMD/T/TB Peter Thorsen)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:20:13 +0200
Hi,

> The problem is, when I hit 60mph gas starts pouring out of the vent of the
> front fuel bowl.  I think it's a pressure problem since I seems to be
> driven by engine RPM.

Not being an expert my first suspision is that the float level is incorrectly
adjusted (assuming the grose jets are OK) allowing more fuel into the bowl
than is consumed by the engine. The surplus will then escape by the vent.

(I have had my share of carb fun, when is someone going to make a computerised
gas and igninition control system for the Spit?)

 - Peter