Re: SU Carb problem

To: Eric Rupert <rupert@rpm.com>
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 07:47:12 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph Owners'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Eric Rupert wrote:

> The problem is, when I hit 60mph gas starts pouring out of the vent of the
> front fuel bowl.  I think it's a pressure problem since I seems to be
> driven by engine RPM.
>
> Any thoughts?

Oh boy oh boy....I get to help with something instead of asking FOR help....

I had the exact same symptom with my MG's SU's and Grose Jets.....it seemed
the metal tabs on the floats were vibrating and doing EXACTLY what Grose
Jet says they're parts are supposed to prevent.....not seal the jet shut...

I tried and tried and could not get them to work properly....so I went back
to the stock needle setup and have not had a problem for 40,000 miles.

Regards,
teej

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA      USA     http://www.rahul.net/tjn
Ducati          Triumph         MG      BMW     Lambretta