re: Spitfire ('66) Dash Boxes

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: re: Spitfire ('66) Dash Boxes
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:30:50 -0500
>I was wondering if anyone had a set of the dash boxes (or whatever the
>proper British term is) for a '66 Spitfire.  I made a rookie mistake and
>thought that I saw the part number in the Victoria British Catalog and
>tossed the old ones.  When I found out they only carry them for the 1500's,
>I wasn't too happy.
>
>I was going to make new ones from scratch, but it would help if I had a
>template so any condition will do.
>
>Thanks.

The proper term is "parcel shelves".

The RIGHT one from VB WILL fit your Spit. The left one might, although
I haven't done that one. I know it COULD with a little creative surgery.

BTW, the parcel shelves from VB are thicker and stronger than the ones from
TRF. So, for once, VB has better quality than TRF...

Larry