RE: TR3 purchasing questions

To: "'zapper@proton.com'" <zapper@proton.com>, "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 purchasing questions
From: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:28:33 -0700
Encoding: 78 TEXT
Considering the various problems with the car (bastardized carbs and
seats, neglectful storage), you can almost bet that the body has been
repaired. If it's full of bondo, then I'd call it a $500 car. If the
body is solid (meaning it just needs a few dings patched and a paint job
to look presentable), then it might be worth $1500. If the guy can
"find" the seats and the carbs and they are decent, then you might go a
bit higher. Insist that the owner "find" the various missing pieces so
that you can inspect them prior to making an offer. If you buy first,
then you ought to assume that these parts will not be forthcoming.

The fuel pump is a no-brainer, and if this is all that's keeping the
engine from running, then you're in good shape. You might want to
acquire a fuel pump and ask the gentleman if you can bolt it on and
start the engine. You might find that there's more wrong with it than he
is admitting.

-mg

--------