15x7 TR6 - Don

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 15x7 TR6 - Don
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 23:37:15 1996
Don, I cannot reach your email address at DLMAssoc@aol.com

The Panasports on the TR6 at Dallas were 15x7 and used NO spacers.
I helped mount the new wheels w/redlines for concours, then back to
215VR65 on the 7" wheels for autocross.  I suspect it was zero offset.
Special order has serial stamping on the rear and I don't recall any.

Amazing to pick up the much larger tire with one hand, it was about
1/2 the weight of the mounted redline!

Stock comes in +0, +11, +22.  +0 gives 4" on the back vs. 3.5" stock,
that's likely close enough to the A-arm.  Its 0.5" more in the back
and 1" more on the outside than stock wheels.  This moves the centerline
out 1/4" for a 1/2" increase in wheelbase, perfect!

Anyone have a contact in Japan to price these wheels?  I suspect the
single point of import in the U.S. fixes the prices.

Tried to talk the Mini-Lite guys in the U.K. into making one with the
correct offset for the TR6, but they were busy designing walnut spacers
for the U.S. market.

Roger

Still wonder what "Lite" racing wheels vs. street wheels means?
Same mold, different alloy?  It would seem that if strong enough
for racing, it would be plenty strong for a light TR6 on the street?

Panasport rep said one was for "racing" and the other for the "street"...
Darn,  forgot to ask him about walnut spacers...

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879