Re: TR6 A/C

To: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 A/C
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 06:55:44 1996
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> new A/C in a TR6

The intention was to put a "FACTORY" A/C in the TR6, there
was never such a unit, all being some sort of aftermarket
bolt-on.  This NEW heater/AC unit replaces the existing heater
and uses existing ducts.  No visible mods inside of car.
Works like a modern day A/C.

STATUS:

Have the new A/C unit and pieces laying in the garage.
It took a couple of tries to get the right pieces, but
I now see no real show stoppers.  It fits rather nicely
and as its a sized for a small car, it should freeze you
out of a TR6.

SCHEDULE:

Completion this week.
Installation started last night.  Final revision last night
to clear PI, Webers and/or my new Fuel Injection manifold.

Roger

Original goals:
YES  >1.  HFC-134a refrigerant
YES  >2.  New heater/defroster/AC unit with high CFM fan
YES  >3.  Condenser, pusher fan, thermostat, drier fit inside radiator shroud
no fan believed necessary...maybe oil cooler
YES  >4.  New high efficiency low HP compressor
YES  >5.  All hoses/fitting, etc. included, uses existing bulkhead holes

PRICE:
Still less than $1,000.00 and BOLTS on in 4 hours to stock parts/holes
All NEW stock A/C parts, so no expected problems
Should be able to order everything using my final parts list/instructions

NOTE:
No wonder everyone laughed at the A/C shops and suggested I buy another
car.  I've used all the new small HP parts and everything clears by 1/8".

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879