TR6 compression results

To: TJNoto <tjn@rahul.net>
Subject: TR6 compression results
From: John Bertsche <103136.3056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Jun 96 18:16:48 EDT
Cc: all <triumphs@autox.team.net>
hey TJ-

I got 170 on all 6 on my 69 TR6 a couple of years ago, and was recently told by
a helpful guy on this list that that was really high, like 10.5 to 1 comp. ratio
or so. But, it seems like there's some disagreement about whether it's actually
possible to extrapolate ratios from these readings.

He did say that some early TR6 engines had higher than usual compression. Mine
has an "H" after the engine # which according to the Bentley manual means high
compression. What kind of gas are you using? I have to use Sunoco Ultra (94
octane) to avoid pinging.

happy driving-

                                        jb