BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@cybersu

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@cybersurf.net>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:40:46 -0400

    From: "Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@cybersurf.net>
    Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 01:53:14 MST
    Subject: Matching Numbers

Philip

I am new to the triumph digest but hope I am able to occasionaly
contribute some useful information or opinions

The VIN # is reasonable for a 1975 TR6.  The VIN on my TR6 is
CF30845 and was built in January of 1975.  The engine number sounds
wrong as it should also start with a CF#####E (from Leyland Repair
Operation Manual).

Since you were asking, I bought my TR6 on April 1st, 1979 (I have
often wondered if this date is significant).  It was my first car and
I picked this particular car because of the milage (~17,000) and its
 condition was execellent.  It had been stored for 2 of its 4 years.  It does
not
have overdrive although I wish it did.  The color is Java green
(traffic light green).  Not my first pick at the time but it grows
on you and does tend to stand out.   IMHO the fun in TR's is owning,
 driving and on occasion fixing the car.  I have made several modifications
 ( all bolt on so car does not stray to far from stock ), have auto crossed
 the car  respectably and occasionaly enter it in show and shines.

To add to a couple of past threads, my wife bought the car ( me?)
vanity plates - 6APEAL

The name that seems to have stuck is Babe Magnet.  Friends of mine are
amazed how the car seems to attract so much attention when I take it
out.

Good Luck and happy hunting

Tim
75 TR6
Tim Lloyd     e-mail: lloydt@cia.com

George Lucas (founder? of Lucas electric) is the prince
of darkness.  He didn't believe in driving at night!