Re: TR250's For Sale

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250's For Sale
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:20:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
FOR SALE IN AUSTIN TEXAS:  I have three TR250's FOR SALE !!!  I also have a
buddy who has three TR6's FOR SALE.
All the 250's are no options as stock. #1 is red, mostly complete and mostly
rust free. It has some rust on the passenger side rear frame extention from
when it was stored with a flat tire. It starts under the trunk and is an easy
repair. Body has been shunted front and rear and the repairs were not great
and need redoing. The hood was "pried open" and needs some
welding/bodybanging. It has extremely nice original black seats which i paid
$500 for. The engine runs, trans shifts (both original) fine (but rear seal
leaks), U-joints and brakes redone 4 years ago. It has too much crankshaft
endfloat, so I took it off the road to save the crank. I have a set of wire
wheels on it now since it came without it proper hubcaps. the steering wheel
is from a Spitfire. The PO had removed the seats and popped holes in the
floor to mount some GM seats. These holes are easily welded up as the floors
and rockers are solid. Needs front bumper. This is an excellent restoration
candidate.
#2 is Blue with Blue interior. Has the remains of a white top, but I don't
know if it is original. Motor is running, but is from TR6. Needs floors,
rockers and has typical fender rust. This car was left exposed to the
weather, but is mostly complete.
#3 is Red/Black. The frame and engine were redone by the PO during a frame
off. The body was put back on unrepaired to sell it when he gave up. Needs
floors and rockers. Has typical fender rust and is only partially complete
(needs seats and bumpers).

All three are worth fixing. I have about $4500 invested in all 3, and want to
get $6000 out in total for my time and trouble. Please pass the word on to
other interested parties. I just bought a TR3A vintage racer, and I need to
move the 250's to afford racing. Thanks.  BOB KRAMER  512/250/9498
FAX512/250/5434

The TR6's are a Java '76 (with a TR250 engine),  brown 1970 and a light
yellow 1969. He also has two front end totalled late TR6's, a body tub, a TR6
frame and a rolling tub/frame that needs floors and minor other body work.
Some of these vehicles are stored at my place (the wife would like that to
change!) Call me, fax me, E-mail me, bend me, shape me, anyway you want me!