Re: Re[4]: Carl Musson's VTR query.

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Carl Musson's VTR query.
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 09:30:45 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 06/26/96 07:06

collectively asked:

       "How about another VTR Convention on the west coast?

Geez guys, gimme a break willya? I didn't mean to imply that:
    a) anything at all had been decided for future conventions
    b) that *I* am the one making those decisions - I'm NOT!
    c) that *I* know anything at all about what *is* planned. Heck,
       I didn't want to imply that I know anything at all, period. I don't.
       (You can verify this with my wife.) :-)

Truth is that a local club applies for the convention in writing and the
VTR board reviews and votes on the application. John Lye has it right. (see
below) If you want one on the west coast, apply for it. Just be prepared for
your club to front about $3k and tie up 50 or so people for three years.
(It must be worth it tho, this is the second time we've done it. Either that
or we're all certifiably bonkers.)

>Well, if you really want a VTR meet on the West Coast, its
>really pretty easy.  Get a few of your club members together,
>request a copy of the manual (and read it), then submit a
>proposal to the VTR board.  These things don't happen by magic,
>someone (actually several someones) put them on.  There's no
>paid staff at a National office that puts them on, its the
>hard work of the local clubs.  So, get your West Coast club
>members to agree to put one on and you'll have another West
>Coast VTR meet.  ...And I've love to come to Monterey, thank
>you very much!

Thanks John, for saying what I probably should have said in the first
place.

Rik Schlierer