West Coast VTR & Triumphest 96

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: West Coast VTR & Triumphest 96
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 09:57:23 EST
Interesting, Carl Musson asks for a VTR National a little closer to Florida
and suddenly it all takes a big left turn to California!

I have heard that there is a proposal for a VTR in Palm Springs, Ca. I don't
know the year or if it has been awarded. I am sure the VTR folks will let us
know in plenty of time.

However, there will be a VTR/TRA Regional this September in Big Bear, Ca.
We call this west coast meet Triumphest. This years event, Triumphest 96
will be held on September 27 - 29 at the Northwoods Resort in Big Bear,
Ca. Big Bear is in the San Bernardino Mountains northeast of Los Angeles.
It is a popular winter ski area and offers wonderful alpine scenery and
those lovely winding mountain roads.

Events scheduled include;
Walking Rally
Driving Rally
Autocross
Hospitality Party
"Funcours" Car Show
Vendor Sales (Roadster Factory usually brings a semi-truck of parts!)
Model and Photo Contest
Pinewood Derby
Awards Banquet
and lots of fun!

We will be fortunate to have Bill Piggott, Registrar of the Triumph Register,
noted author and Triumph authority, attending from the UK. he will be available
to answer questions and autograph books.

The Northwoods Resort is a new facility with all the best amenities. To date
103 of the 153 rooms have been booked! An alternate hotel has been arranged for
overflow. If you plan to attend make your reservations now! See bottom of
message for phone numbers and info.

In the past, upwards of 150 Triumphs have attended each year. This year we will
mount a special display of Triumph's heritage where we hope to have each of the
post-war Triumph models represented.

See you all there!

Hotel Resrvations:
 Northwoods Resort
 40650 Village Dr.
 Big Bear, Ca. 92315
 (909)866-3121 or (800)866-3121
 Triumphest room rate $79.00 per night. You must mention Triumphest to get
 the special rate!

Event Registration: $10 discount for registrations before August 15.
 For a registration form contact:
 Sue Davis & Marty Lodawer, Registrars
 Triumphest '96
 20929 Lassen St. #112
 Chatsworth, Ca. 91311-4226
 (818)998-5753
 e-mail wottatr@aol.com

Triumphest '96 Chairman
 John Korbin
 (818)345-4215

Triumphest '96 / Triumph Register of Southern California WEB Site
http://www.leonardo.net/triumphest/

I will also be happy to answer any questions.

Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.
voice/FAX (310)371-4872

kurt_oblinger_at_awp450@faa.hq.gov