Re: Alternate engines for 1500

To: CBrown1500@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alternate engines for 1500
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:51:33 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 CBrown1500@aol.com wrote:

>  >Brian Knopp
>  >
>  >"I don't care, I own a Spitfire!"
>
>  Puttin' wool on a pig don't make it a sheep!
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  Larry
>
> Anyone care to guess where this guy came from? I thought we were all on the
> same team here.
>
> Charlie B.

Hi Charlie, Larry comes from somewhere around St. Louis, MO :-)  The topic
of engine swaps comes up periodically and SOLs are NOT all on the same
team on this issue.  Larry is a dyed in the wool (I KILL me!) originalist
and probably thinks that engine swaps alter the character of the car to
the point that it is no longer really a __(insert TR model here)__ if you
stuff a small block V-8, Mazda rotary, Buick V-6, or whatever in it.
Others will argue that it's your car, do what you want with it.  Like most
religious issues, a consensus may never be reached about engine swaps,
but we are all free to express our opinions about it.

Cheers,
Mike
'70 Spit, '75 Spit, '76 Spit, '64 TR4 - all with original engines.
http://www.unmc.edu/~mburdick