Spitfire rebuild

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Spitfire rebuild
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 13:17:40 -0500
I received a fax from John Kipping suggesting that I just remove the
cam bearings from my block (1296cc) and run a big-journal cam in it.
He also said he had some small-journal cams in stock ($90 shipped) if
I wanted to go that way. I faxed him a note telling him that since I
spent $40 for cam bearings and another $20 or so to get them pressed in,
I'd spend $90 for a small journal cam from England instead of $70 for a
big-journal cam from Pennsylvania. So a cam should be winging its way
from Coventry even as we speak...

Also, I believe I posted a while back that Kipping has the stainless
steel trim pieces for the body seams below the sills, for both Spit and
GT6. They do not, however, have the clips to put them on. I'm considering
trying to adapy the clips for the trim strips that go on the bonnet/wings
and rear wings. Otherwise, time to squirt some silicon in there and just
glue them on.

I cannot speak highly enough of Kipping. Lately, when things were either
backordered or just plain unavailble, Kipping had it in stock. I just
wish I were in Jolly Olde - his prices on rebuilt heads and short blocks
are impressive!

Cheerio!

Larry
(and everybody took my pig/sheep thing wrong - but I'll bet those who know
me knew what I meant!)