Re: Spitfire rebuild

To: "BrianK@ttgwest.com"@tin
Subject: Re: Spitfire rebuild
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:51:42 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin

OK, the pig-sheep thing. Enough conjecture.

All I was trying to say, is that if it's a pig on the inside, it's still
a pig, and if it ain't a pig on the inside it's not a pig. Being an old
farm boy, I actually PREFER pigs to sheep...

>From my past posts, I figured people would understand my philosophy that
when you replace the engine in a car with one from another car, you now
have something that's not EITHER car. Part of what makes a Spit a Spit
is the little 4-banger and the sounds it makes. And while the looks of
a car are an important part of it, how it runs, the sounds it makes,\
how the gearbox shifts, the sounds of the bearings, everything like that
is just as big a part.

In other words, I really don't like the idea of putting a Mazda engine
in a Spitfire body.

Larry