SU2 linkage [again]

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU2 linkage [again]
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 7:30:37 -24000
My attempts to find the brackets and linkage for actuating dual SU's in my
'75 Spitfire with a cable came up dry.  Rimmer bros supplied a new cable but
couldn't come up with the long angled bracket, triangular plate and rod to
get from the cable end connect to the carbs.

I guess I could cobble something up to make it work, but it would look SO
much nicer with the original hardware.

This leaves me with two options:

1) Find some kind soul who has these parts lurking in his garage and will
part with them for a reasonable sum, or

2) Reverse engineer these things.   If you happen to have these parts on you
vehicle, I'd be grateful for some good steel-ruler measurements.  Scaling the
measurements from the pics/sketches in my Haynes is going to take a couple of
tries to get it right.

I'd prefer option 1).

thanks and regards,

Sean Johnson
'75 Spitfire with bits from other years "gulash"