Piston deck height on TR4A

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston deck height on TR4A
From: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 Jun 96 12:19:58 EDT
Another one for you engine experts:

Got my pistons and liners back, and have been fitting them to the engine.  Now
I'm getting ready to measure the piston-to-deck-clearance.  However, I'm not
sure if I should be measuring from the top of the liner, or the top of the
engine block.  The liners start out with a 0.003-0.005 protrusion from the
block, but I'm assuming that protrusion goes to zero when the head is torqued
down.  Anybody dealt with this one before?  All comments appreciated.

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com
1967 TR4A (rigid axle)
1980 TR7 convertible