Re: TR6 A/C

To: rgb@exact.com, JIMDAV6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 A/C
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 01:24:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-06-27 05:07:01 EDT, rgb@exact.com writes:

>> new A/C in a TR6
>
>The intention was to put a "FACTORY" A/C in the TR6, there
>was never such a unit, all being some sort of aftermarket
>bolt-on.  This NEW heater/AC unit replaces the existing heater
>and uses existing ducts.  No visible mods inside of car.
>Works like a modern day A/C.

a fascinating idea. a couple of questions:

where does the compressor mount ?  same place as original dealer installed
version ? (I had one that came on a 74 TR-6 i used to have)

will the compressor be driven by a belt on existing pulleys or will it
require some new arrangement of pulleys on the engine ?

is charging the system with HFC-134a refregerant a DIY operation ??

would this system fit on a GT-6 ?

hope to hear how it works !
Thanks, Jack Mc