RE: '97 VTR National

To: "ktheis@den.mmc.com" <ktheis@den.mmc.com> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: '97 VTR National
From: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>
Date: 28 Jun 1996 08:51:39 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=MCI/prmd=Honeywell/; 0157631D3E36B0F1-HW-MTA-MN]
X400-originator: Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0157631D3E36B0F1*/c=US/admd=MCI/prmd=Honeywell/o=MN-MTA/ou=MSMail/ou=CORP/s=Lindberg/g=Andrew/@MHS>
Karl (Ya sure, ya betcha) Theis wrote: "Is it true that the '97 VTR National
meet is in Minnesota?  Can somebody tell me where?  If it is, that may give
me the incentive I need to finish the longest running GT6 restoration (>10
yrs)."

The answer to your first question is no, but.  I believe Rik is correct in
saying that the '97 national will be held in Texas.  Minnesota Triumphs (THE
resource for Upper Midwest Triumph owners and enthusiasts) has sent in a
letter of application for '98.  It is our understanding that one of the
California clubs may have also applied for '98.  I'm not enough of a VTR
insider to even guess what the politics are on deciding something like this.
 Since the decision will probably be made soon, however, I guess all of you
left-coasters had better get busy lobbying for your choice.

In the meantime, Karl, there's a great event (Quadfest) going on up here
August 15-18.  Minnesota Triumphs is hosting it but it's being held in
LaCrosse, Wisconsin.  This is Quadfest's eighth iteration and it gets its
name from the four states (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota & Wisconsin) that share
the honor of hosting it.  Non-residents of those states are, of course,
enthusiastically encouraged to attend also.  And if your car isn't finished,
just bring a picture.  We'd love to see you.

Send me your snail mail address and I'll mail you a registration form.

Andy Lindberg
TR3 in Minnesota
Depressed as hell that I can't go to Albany