Re: This car is gonna kill me <31D4AA74.551E@rahul.net>

To: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Subject: Re: This car is gonna kill me <31D4AA74.551E@rahul.net>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 22:28:52 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>TJ Noto said:
 > After bolting everything back together I was greeted with the immediate
 >  realization that the exhaust manifold is cracked....so I need to find a
 > good used, or reasonably priced new exhaust manifold.....

Hey, it's not a problem -- it's an opportunity to install headers (here I go
spendin' yer money again)

 > PS-for all the grief my MG caused me...it was never this bad.  I guess you
 > multiply the grief factor by the number of cylinders?  = )

It gets better -- you are resurrecting a long neglected 25 year old (or so)
car.  It's been my experience that once I fix something it stays fixed...
eventually you run out of things to fix.  (No, I haven't run out yet, but I'm
down to things like the bonnet support studs, and the tach hunts, and there's
a missing snap on the hood... and that awful dash.)

 > "Once again Yankee ingenuity Triumphs over British craftsmenship"

I *like* it!

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center