TR6 GEARBOX WOES (2)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 GEARBOX WOES (2)
From: CPXU24A@prodigy.com (MR STUART BOLLEN)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 10:59:00, -0500
Some time ago I wrote about crunching gears, where to get it fixed
etc,etc, Also enquired about Cross Roads Auto.
To bring everyone up to date I sent the gearbox with overdrive to
Dave's Place in NC and ten days later I got it back! The price was
reasonable, workmanship appears excellent.The best thing is not only
does Dave actually return phone calls, he called me when the box
arrived, and gave me a blow by blow account(the box was much worse
than I thought) and let me choose options as to whether I wanted to
take a chance etc.etc.
Warranty is 12months,12000 miles.
Important note: Crossroads auto tolds me I could remove the overdrive
and send the box. Turns out both filters in the O/D were full of
metal, and some had got into the bearings. Another few hundred miles
and the O/D would have been destroyed.
Incidentally, new second gears are currently unavailable. Dave found
a good used one in Vermont.