Re: TR3 engine rebuild.

To: CPXU24A@prodigy.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 engine rebuild.
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:17:20 -0400
Stuart,
 You asked about the breather on a TR-3 engine.  Terri's right, an engine has
to breathe.  If you block the breather, on the side, you have to have one
somewhere, such as the oil fill cap.  Besides, the breather on the side of
the block applies a nice protective coating of anti-rust compound to the
underside of your car!  My recent rebuild had perfectly intact primer under
the wonderful coating of oil.  Excuse me while I remove my tongue from my
cheek...
Seriously, there is a PCV retr0-fit kit you can buy (from Moss  think) which
plugs your side breather but still lets it breathe into the intake.

JIm