TR 4 Dashboard renewal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 4 Dashboard renewal
From: mdalmaij@compusmart.ab.ca (Mark and Judy Dalmaijer)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 22:35:20 GMT
Hello Group,

My brother-in-law and I plan on removing our dashboards in our MG TD and TR4
(respectively) and either putting on new venneer or making new ones. Does
anyone have any experience doing either? My brother-in-law swears he once
saw an ad for a template of dashboards for $5-10; does anyone know the
where-abouts of the company? What are the preferred methods to renew a dash?
What type of material is typically used -- solid wood, plywood...types of
wood...? What finishes give the best results which last the longest?
 As you can see we have a lot to learn but are eager to make this our fall
or winter project. Any and all advise would greatly  appreciated!!

Mark- 1964 TR4
Grant 1951 MG TD (honestly, it is a nice car)