RE: BPNW TR4-6 Rear Tube Shocks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BPNW TR4-6 Rear Tube Shocks
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:27:55 -0800
Everyone:

This is a problem I have struggled with for years.  I feel that there is a
better way to build a tube shock kit, and I have been developing such a kit
for quite a while.  I built a kit once that was similar to the one Moss
offers, but due to many factors, I removed it and went back to levers...
temporarily.  My tube shock kit as it exists now, on paper, is an entirely
bolt-on affair.  Installing it will be just as easy as the levers.  And,
the shocks' action will be compatible with the swinging action of the
trailing arm.  And, the low unsprung weight of the lever shock arrangement
will be retained, or even improved, and the function of the rebound stop
will be retained.  No holes will need to be drilled at all.  I don't plan
to sell such an item, as I fear that it will be far too expensive to
interest anyone, but I will keep you updated on this project's progress.

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6