Re: Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2

To: Paul Souza <psouza@skyserv4.med.osd.mil>
Subject: Re: Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2
From: "Bill Swinehart" <Bill.Swinehart@MCI.Com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:56:17 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul Souza wrote:

> All,
>
> I'd like to thank everyone for their sympathies and contact information.
> They've been very helpful!  I can't thank you all enough.
>
> For an update:
>
> This bonnet and doors can be saved.  We were able to pull up the bonnet and
>the
> motor looks fine.  What I didn't notice is that the car is now leaking fuel
>and
> brake fluid, but other than that it looks good under the hood.  Upon closer
> inspection, only the boot lid escaped any real damage.  Most of the dents
> appear to be from kicking the car and hitting it with the fire extinguisher,
> which is missing.
>
> The car was towed to a shop that works primarily on muscle car restorations,
> though one of the guys there has a beautiful Sunbeam Alpine, which he
>restored.
>  I passed on to the shop owner copies of my catalogs to help with the
>estimate.
>  I should have an estimate from them and the insurance company by tomorrow.
> Judging by the cars presently in the bays, they do very good work.  And so
>far,
> the insurance company has been very accomodating.  The car is far from
>totalled.
>
> Funny, I still don't get why they didn't mess with the convertible top.  Mind
> you, I'm not complaining, just perplexed.
>
> Thanks!
> Paul (who now stays awake nights thinking of the proper punishment for damage
>       lbcs.....)
>         -hmm maybe use their $175 Nike Air Jordans as "oil recovery devices",
>          diligently placed around the garage.
>         -Use their DKNY, Nike, or Hugo Boss sweatshirts to clean my tools.
>         -Use their pagers so I can get prompt response for moving lbcs around
>          my yard/garage or when they get a little "dusty"......
>         -Of course my car wouldn't be enough so, all lbcs in the area would
>          benefit.
>
> --
> Paul Marcello Souza     Internet : psouza@skyserv4.med.osd.mil
> EDS-D/SIDDOMS           Phone    : 703-824-4167
> Skyline 4, Suite 800
> 5113 Leesburg Pike
> Falls Church, VA 22041

Paul,

I found the MO of your theives interesting...  my TR6 and I lived in
Alexandria, VA some 6 years ago, (probably a stone's throw from you).
It was broken into twice.  Once the door was jimmied and once the
passenger window was broken out.  The soft top was on both times, but
was untouched.  A third time, someone did a hit and run, damaging the
front end.  All this amounted to several thousand dollars in insurance
claims.  The up side of this is the car looks and runs great, thanks, in
part to those insurance dollars which were paid directly to me.

Best of luck with your settlements,
        Bill
        76 TR6  & soon a 68 TR250