Re: Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2

To: Paul Souza <psouza@skyserv4.med.osd.mil>
Subject: Re: Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 12:50:34 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul Souza wrote:

> All,
>
> I'd like to thank everyone for their sympathies and contact information.
> They've been very helpful!  I can't thank you all enough.

I've just had a chance to read the Pt. 1 account of your misfortunes...
incredible.

> Funny, I still don't get why they didn't mess with the convertible top.  Mind
> you, I'm not complaining, just perplexed.

The answer is very easy... life is hard, but it's harder if one is
stupid.  Your erstwhile thieves were rank amateurs with IQs lower than
that of a fencepost.  A professional would have been in the car without
disturbing top or side glass, had the ignition pulled, and cut the
steering wheel, and not the club.  And had all that done in 1-2 minutes.
And, when the car wouldn't start, would have walked away from it.

> Thanks!
> Paul (who now stays awake nights thinking of the proper punishment for damage
>       lbcs.....)
>         -hmm maybe use their $175 Nike Air Jordans as "oil recovery devices",
>          diligently placed around the garage.

Nope--too easy on `em... use _them_ as oil recovery devices. "Lay down
there and open wide, son!"

>         -Use their DKNY, Nike, or Hugo Boss sweatshirts to clean my tools.

Only if they're still wearing them....

>         -Use their pagers so I can get prompt response for moving lbcs around
>          my yard/garage or when they get a little "dusty"......

Buy a few pagers, have them re-programmed so that every incoming page
posts the number of the local police station.  Then offer `em in the
weekly shopping guide at ridiculously cut-rate prices.

Unfortunately, the best methods for retribution would require their
capture.  But the police ought to have something to go on, despite what
they say, because these guys must have "Dumb" and "Dumber" tattooed on
their foreheads....

If you have absolutely no luck on finding some of the odd bits for the
repair, try these people in GB--they sell new and used spares and seem
to do a lot of Spitfire trade:

Sports Car Supplies
Collingwood Building, Quality Row
Swalwell, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE16 3AQ, Great Britain

Phone (044?) 091 496 0522
Fax (044?) 091 488 4791

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....