Re: Rod Knox <rknox@bc.sympatico...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rod Knox <rknox@bc.sympatico...
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 04:04:43 -0500
Cc: Nickbk@aol.com

<< was only a few numbers short of that number. Most of the car was as
"normal"
 as any other TR, except that this car had been fitted with an alternator. I
 am fairly certain that it was a "factory" setup as all the wiring appeared
 original and there were no holes drilled where the voltage regulator was
 normally mounted. As I recall, it had a small "solid state" style regulator
 affixed to the inner right side wheel well.
 Has any one else seen this setup on their TR4A's, or was this one a fluke?

The fitment of an alternator to the TR4A was an "accessories option".  The
charging unit was a Lucas 11AC , supplied in both positive & negative "earth"
  Before you run out to fit one, be advised that the front engine plate was
changed to PN# 516043, and three other brackets were modified also.
              good luck, in advance, from a TR3 Racer.