Re: oil coolers

To: rgb@exact.com, cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com
Subject: Re: oil coolers
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:47:29 -0700 "oil coolers" (Dec 6, 12:13am)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
        Can you really replace the two outside main bearings without pulling
        the engine? I thought I had heard not in previous discussions
        (although that was probably for the TR4, is the TR6 different?).

        Now, on to display my ignorance: I have never quite understood the
        mechanics of why bearing clearances affect oil pressure - anyone
        care to offer up a quick tutorial?

Thanks,
Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com